We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Vegan main courses recipes:recipes, ideas and suggestions for preparing tasty vegan main courses, from vegan meatloaf to soy stew.
Do you have vegan guests for dinner and you don't know what to cook to satisfy your ethical diet? This is the article for you! Many ideas and recipes to prepare tasty vegan main courses.
First of all, you must know that people who follow a vegan diet (for ethical or health reasons) do not eat anything that has to do with the animal kingdom. This means that you must categorically avoid:
- Meat, fish and derivatives (including cured meats and shellfish);
- Milk and derivatives (yogurt, cheese, dairy products, etc.);
The real dilemma in having to prepare a vegan dinner is linked to the choice of the second dish. The first is simpler: a risotto, spaghetti with tomato sauce, cereals etc .. But the second vegan dish? Do not be afraid, in this article you will find out recipes to cook vegan main courses to make your diners lick their mustaches.
Vegan main courses vs single dish
In Italy, during meals there is a tendency to follow a specific menu (consisting of an appetizer; first course; second side dish and dessert). In reality this is a typically Italian concept, in fact abroad they are much more used to eating and preparing the so-called "single dish". A single preparation that includes first and second courses, and why not ... even the side dish!
Therefore, do not become fossilized with the idea of necessarily preparing vegan main courses. A vegan diner will already feel pampered enough with a nice appetizer and a full-bodied first course. It is not a written rule to necessarily prepare vegan main courses.
Vegan main courses: what to prepare?
However, if you want to opt for a richer menu, also composed of vegan main courses well, know that there are so many recipes with which you can indulge yourself. In addition, vegan ingredients (such as dehydrated soy, egg substitutes, etc.) that were once almost impossible to find in Italy are now on the agenda and can be found in many shops around the area.
Recipes - Vegan main courses
Here are some ideas to cook vegan main courses and amaze your guests, guaranteed that even omnivores will appreciate!
Vegan chickpea meatloaf with champinions mushrooms
Meatloaf is one of those dishes that are so reminiscent of Sunday lunches. Why not bring it back in a vegan version? Remember that the spicy taste of this vegan meatloaf recipe comes from aromatic herbs, so look for fresh and fragrant ones.
Here are the ingredients with which you will prepare a fantastic vegan second course, the chickpea meatloaf with champinions mushrooms:
- A tin of steamed chickpeas (which you can replace with 120 grams of dried chickpeas);
- 100 grams of potatoes;
- Half onion;
- A carrot;
- 240 grams of champinions mushrooms;
- Half a glass of white wine (optional);
- Extra virgin olive oil;
- Flour to taste;
- Salt and pepper
Vegan main courses: procedure for preparing vegan chickpea meatloaf spiced with mushrooms
- Blend the chickpeas with a mixer (if you use the dry ones, leave them to soak overnight and then boil them the next day).
- Boil the potatoes, then peel them and cut them into large pieces, coarsely;
- Add the potatoes and the mix of herbs to the mixer with the chickpeas and blend until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Season with salt and pepper and if the consistency is too creamy add some flour, but do not overdo it otherwise the vegan meatloaf will be too hard (half a spoon should be enough).
- In the meantime, cut the mushrooms into slices and brown them in a pan where you have dried the onion with the carrots in a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Pour the mixture of chickpeas and potatoes on a sheet of parchment paper, and give the classic shape of a meatloaf so that it fits into a pan of about 20 cm.
- Compose the meatloaf with the help of the flour, this will help you shape it to insert it into the mold.
- Bake at 190 ° for about half an hour.
- If it gets too dry, wet it with half a glass of white wine;
- When cooked, add more breadcrumbs on the surface with a drop of extra virgin olive oil, to form the classic crust.
- Serve your vegan chickpea meatloaf on a serving dish accompanied by the sautéed mushrooms.
- Enjoy your meal!
The pea meatballs with spiced sauce
Vegan meatballs are among the most used main courses for those who do not eat foods of animal origin. In fact, there are many versions of vegan meatballs (soy, with vegetables etc.) and for all tastes. Today we offer you a useful version for the preparation of vegan main courses: pea meatballs with yogurt sauce.
- 150 grams of peas;
- 100 grams of stale bread;
- 1 carrot;
- Half onion;
- unsweetened soy milk to taste;
- 1 jar of white soy yogurt;
- Chives to taste;
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste;
- Seed oil;
- Breadcrumbs to taste;
- Salt and pepper.
Procedure for preparing vegan pea meatballs with spicy yogurt sauce
- Soften the stale bread in a salad bowl with water or soy milk.
- Boil the peas in abundant salted boiling water.
- Blend carrots and onion in a mixer.
- Sauté the peas in a non-stick pan where you have previously browned the onion with the pieces of carrot. Cook for 5 minutes.
- In a blender, chop everything and add the softened bread. If the mixture is too liquid, add a handful of breadcrumbs, if on the contrary the dough seems too hard, add soy milk.
- Compose the meatballs, pass them in breadcrumbs and fry in abundant seed oil.
For the spicy soy yogurt sauce
- Finely chop the chives;
- Add to yogurt, abundant with pepper and add a pinch of salt.
Serve the vegan pea meatballs warm with the yogurt-flavored sauce.
Other vegan legume meatballs? Here is the recipe forvegan chickpea meatballs.
Soy stew with baked potatoes
The soy stew with potatoes is one of the vegan preparations that most recall the taste of meat. So you can enjoy a strong flavor without all the problems related to ethics and keeping yourself healthy and light!
Ingredients to prepare a soy stew with baked potatoes (for 4 people):
- 100 grams of dehydrated soy flakes (you can find it in specialized stores, it is cheap and versatile);
- 1 carrot;
- 1 onion and a half;
- 1 stalk of celery;
- 700 grams of potatoes;
- Various spices (thyme, rosemary, sage and bay leaf)
- A glass of white wine.
- Extra virgin olive oil as needed
- Salt and Pepper To Taste.
Vegan main courses: procedure for preparing soy stew with potatoes
- Soften the distracted soy flakes in warm water.
- In a non-stick pan, prepare a nice sauté of finely chopped celery, carrots and onion.
- Add the soy, well squeezed and the herbs to the sauté.
- Cook for 15 minutes, blending with white wine at the end of cooking. Don't forget to add salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the potatoes into small pieces, add half a thinly sliced onion.
- Add a pinch of salt to the potatoes and bake them at 180 degrees for half an hour.
- Once the soy stew is cooked, serve it hot, accompanying it with the baked potatoes.
Tips: Soy stew is an excellent condiment for making vegan Bolognese noodles. In this case you will have prepared a tasty single dish!
Running out of dessert ideas?
Try oursvegan chocolate cake!