We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Homemade lavender soap: here are two simple recipes to prepare a natural soap with a thousand therapeutic virtues at home.
Lavender is a medicinal plant with numerous beneficial properties, which is widely used in personal hygiene: why not take advantage of its therapeutic virtues to make a good natural lavender soap? Just use fresh lavender flowers or its essential oil.
Why make lavender soap?
Here are some of the reasons why it is good to take care of your personal hygiene with a lavender soap:
- It has relaxing properties
- It is antiseptic, astringent, antiviral and antibacterial. It is, therefore, able to soothe some skin diseases such as dermatitis, eczema, acne, pimples and burns
- It has a good fragrance
- It has no side effects; it is therefore also suitable for children and babies
- Its preparation does not require special skills
Homemade lavender soap
On this page we will show you how to make a natural lavender soap at home, suggesting two recipes, one more elaborate and the other simpler. You can use it in different ways; it can also be an inexpensive and very original gift.
What we need
- 200 ml of olive or sunflower oil
- 25 grams of caustic soda
- 60 ml of distilled water
- 30 drops of lavender essential oil
- Fresh or dried lavender flowers
- A mold with the shape you like best. You can also recycle some small plastic containers, perhaps, cut the base of a bottle. In any case, do not use aluminum molds
- Safety glasses, mask and gloves
- Glass vessel
- Wooden spoon
How to proceed
- Take the mold and place some lavender flowers on the bottom making sure they are visible at the top when the soap is removed from the mold
- Put on your goggles, face mask and gloves. Don't neglect this step!
- Place the glass container in the sink and pour the caustic soda into it carefully. Make sure there are no children and animals during this operation and keep the window open
- Add the distilled water
- Since a reaction is triggered which releases vapors, let it sit until it is cold
- Put the oil in the pot and let it heat over low heat
- As soon as it is hot enough, about 40 degrees, remove from the heat and mix it with the caustic soda being very careful
- Mix everything with a whisk, avoiding the mixture coming out, until the dough is thick. It must acquire a gel-like consistency
- At this point, without waiting for it to cool, add the lavender essential oil and other lavender flowers, mixing well
- Transfer the mixture to the mold and add more lavender flowers so that they are also visible on this side
- Cover with a cloth and leave to rest until it cools: it will take between twelve and twenty-four hours. Be careful not to move or turn it
- Once it has cooled, remove the soap from the mold
- Store in a cool, dry place to let it harden and "mature" for about a month and a half or two months.
Remember to handle caustic soda very carefully, always avoiding that it comes into contact with children or animals. Always use safety goggles and also a mask and gloves, as this is a very corrosive substance. If it comes into contact with the skin, consult your doctor.
Homemade lavender soap, second recipe
For those who prefer a less complicated procedure, there is a simple alternative that is always done at home:
- Obtain a clear or light colored glycerin soap tablet
- Put it in a water bath until it melts then add a few drops of lavender essential oil and a few lavender flowers.
- While still hot, pour the mixture into a mold of the shape you prefer and wait for it to cool.
Where to buy lavender essential oil
When it comes to aromatherapy and the effectiveness of treatments with essential oils, it is essential to check the quality of the essential oil chosen. The active ingredients of essential oils are preserved only if the production process is followed with extreme care so as to respect the characteristics of each plant. For these reasons we invite you to buy (online or in trusted shops) only essential oils of proven quality.
Among the recommended products, we point out this100% Pure Lavender Essential Oil,the price is 6.99 euros for a 30 ml bottle.